FM Radio Consulting services offered by David Bannerman include project management, studio design and layout, broadcast equipment selection and integration, special Radio projects including LPFM projects, Radio station content monitor analysis, and CRTC FM Radio License Application writing. We also now offer ‘Information Sessions’ for your organization or group to get all the answers to all your Radio start-up questions. Get the facts upfront so that you can more effectively make decisions about investing in your own Radio Station for your local community. Did you know that in 2023, Low Power FM and Community Radio now comprise the fastest growing sector of Radio in Canada?
All Consulting services are remunerated on a p/hr basis and billed monthly. Phone calls are also time logged and included in the total hrs billed each month.
CRTC license writing** is priced as a ‘flat writing fee’ that is billed on a p/hr basis up until the date your license application is submitted to Ottawa at which point the remainder of 60% of the license writing fee is due. We are one of the few Licensing Consultants that after submission to Ottawa, the remaining 40% of our license writing fee is only billed to you if your license application is CRTC approved. To date since 2003, all CRTC FM Radio license applications written by MediaVoice have been approved.
The first 1 hr of discussion, phone calls or a meeting for any Mediavoice consultation is free, after which time a signed contract to continue the service is agreed upon and signed by both parties. MediaVoice Consulting contracts also may be ended by either party with 2 weeks’ notice. All work logged monthly is due for immediate payment when each monthly invoice has been received by the client. Further work does not continue without full payment of each month’s invoice.
**The approval rate since 2003 for all CRTC license applications written and submitted by MediaVoice is 100%.
Our FM content analysis specialty is in 3 main areas:
1) Analyzing everything that emanates from your radio’s speaker, except music. Our Monitor Analysis Reports are detailed, often quite revealing and we cover everything except your playlist. That’s because music playlists have been analyzed to the point of exhaustion and you may already have your own music-related data. Our On-Air content monitor analysis reports cover 1, 2, or 3-day cycles which include 2 random weekdays and a 3rd day on the weekend. We analyze 18-hour segments from 6 AM-Midnight.
2) LOCAL market on-air content is our specialty. So you think you’re a local content market leader? We’ll tell you honestly where you really stand. Unfortunately, there are many stations in 2023 who make the claim they are ‘the’ LOCAL station serving the LOCAL market. However, upon further analysis, it often turns out the vast majority of their on-air spoken content is ‘generic’ in nature and anything but ‘LOCAL. Just because a radio station has an antenna transmitting an FM radio signal in a specific area, does not mean they are by default providing a high level of LOCAL information and pertinent relevant content. Only a LOCAL monitor analysis will give you real evidence of whether or not a Radio station is truly serving LOCAL listeners, or simply promoting itself as LOCAL because they have a working FM Transmitter in the area.
3) Yes…we critique Airchecks, especially important for upcoming and new or young on-air talent. With overnight graveyard shifts a thing of the past, the Radio industry has forgotten its inherent farm system designed to consistently advance and develop new talent. Constructive Airchecks are a necessity and provide a roadmap especially for new talent to follow. Contact MediaVoice and let’s talk,
For any questions relating to MediaVoice LOCAL Analysis Consulting, Licence Writing fees or Aircheck inquiries, please contact David by email at David@mediavoice.ca